Computravel, Registration Number CK No. 2007/050946/23 carries on business under the regulations of the Association of South African Travel Agents ("ASATA") and provides clients (you/your) with travel and/or other services on behalf of principals and/or other agents engaged in, or associated with the Travel Industry, including inter alia, airlines, tour operators, hotels, shipping companies, car hire and other providers of air, land, sea or any other travel arrangements, products or services (collectively referred to as ‘Third Party Service Providers’. Computravel will provide you with the identity, terms and conditions of all Third Party Service Providers and it is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with such terms and conditions.
The person requesting such quotations or estimates or making such booking or to whom any service is rendered, is deemed to have read and accepted the Conditions and to have the authority to do so on behalf of the person in whose name the estimate or quotation or reservation is requested an/or provided an/or the person to whom the services are rendered.
You acknowledge that you have selected the itinerary and destination(s) constituting the booking based on information gleaned from the Internet. You also acknowledge that the Internet information has been compiled and are managed and up-dated by the Principal over which Computravel has no control. Accordingly Computravel cannot and does not guarantee that the itinerary and/or destinations will comply in whole or in part with such information as taken from packages on the Computravel website. Any right of recourse in that regard will be against the Third Party Service Provider.
While it is possible to break away from the itinerary, it is understood that such breakaways will be for your account.
You agree that you will at all times comply with Computravel or the Third Party Service Provider’s requirements in regard to your conduct and you will not in any way constitute a nuisance or a danger to any other passenger on the trip.
If you have special requests you must address such requests to Computravel in writing well before the departure date. Whilst Computravel will use its best endeavours to accommodate such requests, there is no guarantee.
Bookings with Third Party Service Providers
Computravel represent Third Party Service Providers as agent only, and accordingly on receipt by Computravel of any request for a booking(s) from the website or a bespoke quote, Computravel shall transmit any such booking to the Third Party Service Providers concerned and endeavour to secure timeously all reservations and arrangements. All quotations or estimates provided by or bookings made with and/or services rendered or vouchers, receipts or tickets issued by or on behalf of Computravel are subject to these terms and conditions (ST&C) and that of any Third Party Service Providers. Third Party Service Providers may be acquitted from responsibility in that they act as an agent themselves or have contracted out of liability, as may the ultimate principals such as airlines, hotels, car hire and coach operators, and it is therefore recommended that appropriate insurance be taken out for all travellers. Computravel furthermore do not accept liability for any actions, errors or omissions on the Third Party Service Providers and/or their agents, which may be prejudicial to you or result in loss in any way or form whatsoever, including injury, illness, harm, trauma, death and/or loss of or damage to your belongings whatsoever and you indemnify Computravel accordingly. The conditions of the Third Party Service Providers shall constitute the sole contract between the Third Party Service Providers and you and any right of recourse you may have, will be solely against the Third Party Service Providers.
- The Company represents airlines, tour operators, service suppliers and other travel organisations as agents only, whether this is a specified itinerary from the Computravel website, www.Computravel.co.za, out of a brochure or a tailored quotation. The Company will transmit any such booking to the supplier concerned and endeavour to secure timeously all reservations and arrangements.
- All vouchers, receipts and tickets are issued subject to the Terms and Conditions specified by the suppliers and, by accepting the vouchers and tickets and/or utilising their services, any person participating in any of these tours or packages become contractually bound to the supplier thereof.
- Neither the Company nor any holding, parent, subsidiary, affiliated or associated company or representative shall be liable for any loss, injury of, or damage to your person and/or belongings whatsoever and you hereby indemnify the Company accordingly. The Company furthermore does not accept liability for any actions, errors or omissions on the part of any principal or third party and/or their agents, which may be prejudicial to you or result in loss in any way or form whatsoever.
- Those parties for whom the Company acts as agents may be acquitted from responsibility in that they act as agents themselves or have contracted out of liability, as by the ultimate principals such as hotels, car hire and coach operators, and it is therefore recommended that appropriate insurance be taken out by all travellers.
Bookings, Amendments & Revised Itineraries, Routes and Price.
- "The booking" or "the reservation" refers to part, or all of the travel arrangements for transportation, accommodation, sightseeing and other linked travel services made on behalf of a client with principals and parties for whom the Company acts as agent, but excludes services of a peripheral nature as described or similar to those described in Clause 6. Any booking made by the Company constitutes a form of contract between you and the party referred to in the above clauses and is consequently subject to the terms of the Company and such other parties' conditions of agreement.
- Wherever possible the Company shall endeavour to confirm the status of any booking in writing, but we may not always be able to do so. In such cases, failure to provide written confirmation shall not be considered to negate the validity and conditions of the booking or to constitute an act of negligence on the Company's behalf.
- In the event of there being an unscheduled extension to the booking caused by flight delay, bad weather, strike or any other cause that is beyond the Company's control, it is understood that expenses relating to these unscheduled extensions (hotel accommodation, etc.) will be for your account.
- In the event that any hotel is unable to provide the accommodation confirmed to you, the Company's policy is always to offer you an alternative hotel of similar classification, or better, and wherever possible such hotel will be located in the same location.
- Whilst every effort is made to keep to published itineraries, the Company reserves the right to make changes as are deemed necessary. In some cases, conditions such as weather conditions, technical difficulties, strikes and communication breakdowns, may necessitate an alteration to the tour itinerary and this does not constitute any ground for a refund.
- Unless full payment is due at the time of making the booking, all bookings must be accompanied by the requested deposit or guarantee of a deposit to the Company; part of all thereof shall be non-refundable. The deposit constitutes part of the booking conditions and the Company reserves the right to cancel any booking without prejudice, in the event of a deposit or part thereof not being received, timeously.
- The booking price quoted to you is based on fares, hotel prices, land costs and other relevant costs ruling at the date of the Company's proposal. In the event of there being any increase in any of the afore-going costs prior to the commencement date of any travel arrangements, such variation shall be for your account on request from the Company, as shall any increase in the booking price arising from fluctuation in rates of exchange.
Payment and Additional Charges
- Final payment for any booking must be made at least six weeks prior to departure, unless specific arrangements have been made to the contrary with the Company and the Company in writing confirms such arrangements.
- Final payment is based on the quoted and confirmed price, less any deposit paid, plus any additional costs that may have been incurred.
- Aside from passport, visa and other peripheral service fees (additional fees), the Company reserves the right to claim late booking charges, communication, consultation, administration and amendment fees where applicable. Refer "Service Fees" below.
- Interest at 2% per annum above the current prime bank overdraft rate will automatically be applied to all overdue amounts.
- Assistance to obtain travel insurance in terms of Section 22 of the Tourism Act 1993 is available on request.
- It shall not be obligatory for the Company to affect insurance for you except after receiving detailed instructions given to the Company in writing by you. All insurance affected by the Company pursuant to such instruction will be subject to such exceptions and the insurance company or underwriters accepting the risk may impose conditions as, and the Company shall not be obliged to obtain separate cover for any tasks so excluded. The Company shall not be under any obligation to affect a separate insurance for each customer, but may declare it on any open or general policy. Should the insurers dispute their liability for any reason, you will have recourse against the insurers only and the Company will not be under any responsibility or liability whatsoever in relation thereto.
- The Company will not be responsible should you fail to take adequate insurance cover.
- Queries must be addressed to the principal insurer, as the Company shall not in any way be held responsible for any and/or all information given by their staff in this regard.
- The Company will endeavour to assist you in obtaining passports, visas, health documentation, insurance, foreign exchange, Reserve Bank and other bank approvals, customs and immigration regulations information as well as other peripheral requirements or services falling outside the actual travel arrangements made with principals and other parties. For whom the Company acts as agents and referred to as "the booking" or "the reservation", these are subject to certain conditions.
- Please note: It is ultimately the passenger's responsibility to make sure they are in possession of valid passports, together with the necessary visas, health documents, & travel insurance.
- Due to the constant changing nature of such peripheral requirements and services, the Company will do its utmost in ensuring the accuracy of such information, but cannot be held liable for the inaccuracy of any information or any lack of information relating to such requirements and/or services.
- In accepting the Company's recommendations you also accept that the Company will not be liable for any loss of or damage to passports, visas, documentation or cash whilst it is NOT in the Company's immediate possession. The Company will in any event not be liable for any consequential loss whatsoever arising there from and furthermore, the Company does not guarantee that it will be successful in obtaining passports and visas for which applied, and your applications thereto are submitted to the Company subject to these conditions.
- The Company will undertake its best endeavours to provide the services required by you, but in the event of cancellation or part of or all of the booking by you, the Company reserves the right to make service, administration, communication and cancellation charges. Furthermore it is a condition of business that such charges made by the Company are over and above any cancellation charges made by Principals and other parties with whom the booking is held.
- Failure to cancel timeously and in writing will result in the total travel arrangement costs being payable/forfeited (i.e. 100% cancellation fees).
Verification of Travellers' Names and Travel Details
It is important that you provide Computravel with the travellers' names as per the travellers' passports. Failure to do so could result in denied boarding or deportation. Please confirm that all of the travel arrangements, itinerary details and documents are correct. Once documents have been issued changes could incur financial penalties imposed by the service provider(s) and these will be payable by you.
Passports, Visas & Health?
It is entirely your duty to ensure that all passports and visas are current, valid, obtained on time and will be valid for six months to one year after your return to home country and that any vaccinations, inoculations, prophylactic (e.g. for malaria) and the like, where required, have been obtained. Please check the requirements with Computravel before travelling. Computravel will endeavour to assist you but such assistance will be at Computravel ‘s discretion and you acknowledge that in doing so, Computravel is not assuming any obligation or liability and you indemnify Computravel against any consequences of non-compliance. It is your duty to familiarise yourself with the inherent dangers of and mental and/or physical condition required for your proposed travel arrangements. Computravel cannot be held responsible for: denial of your visa application for any reason; Delay of issuance of your visa by the consulate; Loss of your passport(s) by the consulate and/or courier; Change in visa costs and requirements; Financial losses incurred as a result of a visa application being denied; Please note that a visa does not guarantee entry to any given country at point of entry.
Malaria and other Tropical Diseases: WARNING Certain parts covered by your itinerary may be areas where there is a high-risk of malaria and other tropical diseases. We strongly recommend that the necessary precautions be taken in this regard and recommend that you check with your medical practitioner before departure or a medical practitioner well versed in tropical diseases immediately upon your arrival in Africa or any other tropical or sub-tropical destination. If you have not done so prior to departure, it is imperative you do so upon your return.
Other documents that may be required for your journey are your identity document, an international driver's license, inoculation certificates and hotel, car and tour vouchers. Please ensure that you check all of these prior to your departure.
Airline tickets presented for refund are subject to delays of approximately 8 weeks but could take longer. Computravel is unable to refund monies before receipt of funds from the relevant Third Party Service Providers. All refunds are subject to a 10% administration fee, which is calculated on the value of the ticket submitted for refund or the amount of the refund claimed, whichever is the larger amount. This fee is over and above any cancellation fee, which may be charged by the Third Party Service Provider to whom the refund is submitted. Refunds by the Third Party Service Provider will be subject to their terms and conditions.
This may be purchased up to 60 days prior to departure. You can place your foreign exchange order with your Computravel consultant. Foreign exchange regulation compliance is your exclusive duty. This will apply especially when you instruct Computravel to make and pay for travel arrangements on the Internet.
Subject to statutory constraints or compliance with an order of court, Computravel undertakes to deal with all your information of a personal nature on a strictly confidential basis.
If you request or instruct Computravel to do bookings via the Internet, you irrevocably authorise Computravel to do the following on your behalf (1) make any selections of and for the booking (2) make payments and (3) accept booking conditions.
Please reconfirm all forward and onward travel arrangements (including domestic connecting flights required upon your return) 72 hours prior to departure. Failure to do so could result in the cancellation of your journey.
You must be ready to show your identity document and that of each member of your party and possibly your credit card at the check-in counter of the airline concerned.
Airlines reserve the right to withdraw airfares without notice. We cannot guarantee airfares and airport taxes until paid in full and the air tickets have been issued. Certain destinations may also require a departure tax which is payable locally upon departure. These are not included in the pricing quoted. Prices are subject to change without notice until payment has been received in full, whether a reservation has been made or not. By accepting this confirmation and offering payment therefore it will be deemed that you have read, understood and accept our terms and conditions.
Bookings Online on the Computravel website: www.computravel.co.za
The website www.computravel.co.za is owned by Computravel and the domain name is registered in the name of Computravel. All intellectual property rights in and to the aforementioned vests in the owners as indicated. None of the content or data found on this site may be reproduced, sold, transferred, or modified without the express written permission of Computravel.
Please note that the use of the website is subject to the STC and specifically subject to South African law and the jurisdiction of South African courts.
Access and Use
Access to and use of the website is entirely at the user’s risk. Computravel may discontinue or suspend the website at any time without notice, and it may block, terminate or suspend any user's access at any time for any reason in its sole discretion, even if access continues to be allowed to others.
Links to other websites
There are links on this website which allows a user to visit the sites of third parties. Neither these sites nor the companies to whom they belong are controlled by Computravel and Computravel makes no representations and gives no warranties concerning the information provided or made available on such sites nor the quality or acceptability of the products or services offered by any persons or entities referenced in any such sites. Computravel has not tested and makes no representations regarding the correctness, performance or quality of any software found at any such sites. You should research and assess the risks, which may be involved in accessing and using any software on the Internet before using it. You are deemed to indemnify Computravel against any claims for loss or damage arising from your use of or of information gained from or from accessing any such linked sites.
Computravel may make future changes, deletions or modifications to such terms and conditions, information, graphics, products, features, functionality, services, and links at any time without notice and your subsequent viewing or use of this website will constitute your agreement to the changes, deletions and modifications.
The Company will provide, on request, the identity, Terms and Conditions of our Principals and other parties for whom we act directly as agent, relevant to the service being provided in the booking.
Interpretations, Law Applicable and Jurisdiction
- Words implying the singular, shall include the plural and vice versa, words importing one gender shall include any other and reference to natural persons shall include legal entities and vice versa.
- South African Law governs this agreement.
- The parties hereby consent to the jurisdiction of the appropriate Magistrate's Court in regard to any action and/or proceedings based on, or arising from these Standard Conditions of Business.
- This document reflects the only and full agreement between you and the Company and any variation and/or extension thereof shall not be valid unless agreed to by both parties in writing.
- All Categories
- Adventure (32)
- All Inclusive Holidays (17)
- Barging (2)
- Beach (70)
- City Tours (40)
- Coach (8)
- Cookery Tours (2)
- Cruise and Rail (17)
- Cultural and Historical (46)
- December Holidays (11)
- Diving (10)
- Golf (6)
- Health and Wellbeing (54)
- Latest Promo Deals (119)
- Once in a lifetime luxury (12)
- Safari (6)
- School Holidays (3)
- Shopping (27)
- Short Getaways (12)
- Snow and Ski (5)
- Sport (1)
- Weddings and Honeymooners (33)
- Youth (18 -35) (7)