The above package is subject to availability at time of reservation. Price is per person sharing. Prices are subject to change in accordance with currency fluctuations. When making a booking enquiry it is important that you are in possession of the correct documentation to travel i.e. visas, inoculation certificates etc. Please check that all names and surnames are spelt exactly as they appear in the relevant passports.
Prices FromFrom: R 23,900.00 Per Person Sharing
FlightsNo Flights Included
Valid From16th of September 2019 (Monday)
Valid To23rd of September 2019 (Monday)
Expires31st of July 2019 (Wednesday)
Need Visa'sSouth Africa: YesBritish: YesEuropean Union: YesAmerican: Yes
Quick Holiday Overview
From the vibrant city of Havana and the tobacco fields of the Vinales Valley, to the breathtaking scenery of Topes de Collantes and the colourful colonial towns of Trinidad and Cienfuegos, take in the highlights of Cuba on this 8 day tour.
For set departures on 16 September 2019.
- Laguna del Tesoro - boat tour of 'Treasure Lake'
- Vinales - visit a tobacco farm in the breathtaking Vinales Valley which is surrounded by rugged mogotes
- Cienfuegos - explore this colonial city located on beautiful Cienfuegos bay
- Trinidad - spend two nights with a local family in a casa particular
- Havana - take a classic car tour of Havana and sample rum in the Havana Club Rum Museum
- El Cubano Park in Topes de Collantes - enjoy a scenic hike in this beautiful nature reserve in the Escambray Mountains
- Trinidad - step back in time exploring this UNESCO Listed colonial gem, with its rainbow coloured buildings and cobblestone streets
- Santa Clara - pay your respects at the famous Che Guevara Memorial
About the Holiday
Monday. Welcome to Cuba! Upon arrival at Havana international airport you will be met and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore Cuba's captivating capital.
Havana walking tour
Meet your guide this morning for a walking tour through Havana's Old Town which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982. Step back in time strolling through the vibrant streets of the Cuban capital, visit the famous Havana Club Rum Museum and drive through the "modern" part of Havana in the back of one of the iconic Oldtimer cars.
Overnight: Havana | Breakfast
Havana – Vinales. After breakfast we drive through Pinar del Rio, a region known for the world's best tobacco, on our way to the lush Vinales Valley. En route we stop to visit a Casa del Veguero (house of a tobacco farmer), where we learn all about the process of farming and making one of the world’s most sought out products. We also stop to explore Cueva del Indio, which is an ancient indigenous cave dwelling. We spend the night in Vinales, a small picturesque town situated between green tobacco fields and monumental limestone formations called 'Mogotes'.
Overnight: Vinales | Breakfast
Laguna del Tresoro & Cienfuegos
Vinales - Cienfuegos. Today we head to sunny Cienfuegos. Cienfuegos is one of the liveliest and most beautiful cities in Cuba. On our journey we stop at the Bay of Pigs - a site well renowned for the failed CIA mission in 1961 and enjoy a boat tour of the Laguna del Tresoro. This so-called 'Treasure Lake' is located amid numerous canals, mangrove forests and palm trees. Upon arrival in Cienfuegos spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight: Cienfuegos | Breakfast, Lunch
El Cubano Park & Trinidad
Cienfuegos - Topes de Collantes NP - Trinidad. Today we travel on to Trinidad, a colonial city which was founded in 1514 and declared a world heritage site by the UNESCO. On our journey we stop to explore El Cubano Park, which is located in the beautiful National Park of Topes de Collantes. Here you can enjoy a swim in the waterfalls and pools or hike along one of the various trails including the “Traces of History” trail which gives an insight to the colonial past of the island. Lunch will be served in a local restaurant before travel on to the enchanting city of Trinidad. Here we spend the next two nights staying with local families in casa particulares (homestays), where we can gain a fascinating insight into Cuban life.
Overnight: Trinidad - Casa Particular | Breakfast, Lunch
This morning we step back in time on a guided walking tour through Cuba’s best preserved colonial city. Once known as the home of the sugar barons, cattle herders and tobacco farmers, this is one of the best places to see colourful colonial homes and extravagant palaces including Palacio Brunet, one of the most beautiful palaces in the city.
In the afternoon we take an excursion to the beach where you can enjoy a swim in the crystal clear Caribbean Sea and relax under palm trees.
Overnight: Trinidad - Casa Particular
Santa Clara & Havana
Trinidad - Santa Clara - Havana. This morning we travel back to Havana, stopping en route in Santa Clara, where we visit the imposing Che Guevara Mausoleum. Located high on a hilltop overlooking the city, the mausoleum contains the remains of this famous revolutionist and 29 other guerrillas who died with him in Bolivia. After delving into the fascinating local history of Santa Clara we continue our journey back to Havana where our last night in Cuba is free to indulge in the local cuisine and vibrant entertainment for one last time.
Monday. Our Cuban adventure comes to an end after hotel check out today. An airport departure transfer is not included but can be booked upon request.
Includes & Excludes
- 5 nights 3- 4 star hotels and 2 nights in Casa Particular in Trinidad
- Private transportation in air conditioned vehicles
- 5 breakfasts and 2 lunches
- Boat trip on Laguna del Tresoro (the Treasure Lake)
- Visit of tobacco farmer house in Vinales
- Airport arrival transfer on day 1
- Escorted by a local English speaking tour guide with specialist guides at certain sites of interest.
- Guided sightseeing in Havana and Trinidad
- Excursions to Havana Rum Club, Cueva del Indio, El Cubano Park, Che Guevara Museum
Single Supplement for solo traveller wanting to own room: R6900.00
- Return flights from Johannesburg based on availability on the lowest category airfare
- Approximate taxes and levies
- Visa cost
- Travel and medical insurance
- Airport departure transfer - can be booked at an additional cost upon request
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture