The above package is subject to availability at time of reservation. Price is per person sharing. Prices are subject to change in accordance with currency fluctuations and increased airfares. When making a booking enquiry it is important that you are in possession of the correct documentation to travel i.e. visas, inoculation certificates etc. Please check that all names and surnames are spelt exactly as they appear in the relevant passports. Fares, where indicated, are based on low season rates.
PricesJNB: R 17,310.00 PPS
Valid From11th of February 2018 (Sunday)
Valid To16th of February 2018 (Friday)
Expires31st of January 2019 (Thursday)
Need Visa'sSouth Africa: NoBritish: NoEuropean Union: NoAmerican: No
About the Holiday
Celebrate the The Maha Shivratri Festival in Mauritius staying at Jalsa Beach Hotel and Spa sets the tone for a wonderful and relaxing holiday. The Maha Shivaratree festival is among the most popular Hindu festivals in Mauritius and provides an occasion for great religious fervour and mass participation through the annual pilgrimage to the lake of Grand Bassin (Ganga Talao).
Includes & Excludes
- Return direct flights from Johannesburg to Mauritius on Air Mauritius including airline levy
- Return Seat in Coach airport to resort transfers
- 5 Nights at the 3* Jalsa Beach Hotel- Deluxe Room
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- Free Wi-Fi access in the reception area and pool bar area
- Free use of pedal boats, kayaks and snorkelling gear
- Pancakes served daily from 16h00 to 17h00
- Free baggage allowance of 2 x 23Kg's per person (excluding domestic sectors)
- Business class lounge access when travelling in Economy class from OR Tambo, King Shaka & Cape Town Intl Airports
PROGRAMME MAHA SHIVARATREE TOUR 2018
- City Tour of Port Louis and the North service - Monday 12 February 2018
- Visit the city of Port Louis
- Marie Reine de la Paix Monument, Port Louis central market where you will find all the ingredients that help make the charm of Mauritius: vegetables, local crafts,famous dhall purees, hot tea or fallooda.
- Caudan Waterfront - fast food restaurants, local crafts, jewellery shops and casino.
- Visit to Pamplemousses Botanical Gardens, the 60 acre garden, 500 different species of plants especially the giant water lilies, a spice garden at Talipot palms.
- - Pass by the Grand Baie and Mont Choisy beaches before returning to the hotel.
- Maha Shivaratree Day - Tuesday 13 February 2018
- Morning and afternoon prayer at main temple - Morning (08h30 to 15h00 hrs) and Afternoon (17h00 to 24h00)
- Prayer at the Maheshwarnath Temple, Triolet, first built in 1819 in honour of the Gods Shiva, Krishna, Vishnu, Muruga, Brahma and Ganesha.
- Prayer at Kaylassum Mariamen Temple at Saint Croix, Port Louis
- Lunch at leisure
- Blessing at the Venkateswara Temple, Branch of Tirupathi Temple of India
- Return to hotel
- After early dinner proceed for evening prayer either at Holy Lake or at Kaylassum Mariamen Temple
- 2 Full Day Tours including prayers plus the cost of the tray/basket which includes coconut, fruits, camphor, beetle leaves, incense stick and a box of matches.
Set departure 11 February 2018. Book and pay by 08 January 2018.
- Meals and beverages not specified
- Travel and medical insurance
- Items of a personal nature
Port LouisPort Louis is the capital of Mauritius. It is a port on the Indian Ocean, and the nation's largest city and main port.
Port Louis was founded by the French around 1735 as a revictualling halt for their ships travelling around the Cape of Good Hope, and was named in honour of King Louis XV.
In the town, you will be overwhelmed by the intense activity that prevails; along the boulevards, and in the streets, you come across overloaded motorcycles identical to little donkeys, old backfiring bangers, and buses spluttering. Women dressed in the latest fashion or in the traditional saris, veiled Muslim women, men and children, stray dogs and cats, stroll about in the narrow lanes.