Peak season surcharges and block out dates may apply. The above package is subject to availability at time of reservation, seats on flights are limited. Price is per person sharing. Prices are subject to change in accordance with currency fluctuations and increased airfares. When making a booking enquiry it is important that you are in possession of the correct documentation to travel i.e. visas, inoculation certificates etc. Please check that all names and surnames are spelt exactly as they appear in the relevant passports. Fares, where indicated, are based on low season rates.
PricesJNB: R 15,117.00CPT: R 17,333.00DBN: R 16,753.00
Valid From28th of January 2018 (Sunday)
Valid To1st of May 2018 (Tuesday)
Need Visa'sSouth Africa: YesBritish: NoEuropean Union: NoAmerican: No
Quick Holiday Overview
Reunion welcomes you to an Island of adventure! Ranging from waterfalls, hiking trails, natrural cirques and active volcano's - if you into spectacular scenery, walking or cycling through stunning landscapes this holiday will tick all the boxes.
About the Holiday
- DAY1: (Accommodation at Le Juliette Dodu)
- Arrive in Reunion where you will be welcomed & you will collect your car
- DAY2: St Denis / Salazie Caldeira / Hell bourg (Accommodation at Le Relais Des Cimes in St Denis)
- Highlights: La vanilla plantation, to discover the wonderful history of bourbon vanilla in the heart of an authentic Creole field.
- Visist Salazie caldeira: to view the waterfalls, Folio house and its beautiful orchid's garden.
- DAY3: Hell bourg / Salazie / Piton de la fournaise/ St Pierre. (Accommodation at Le Battant des lames in St Pierre)
- Highlights: le Piton de la Fournaise, to view the active volcano of the island & volcano museum. At Le pas de Bellecombe you, stand gaping at the Volcano and its first craters. Drive to St Pierre, the capital of the south.
- DAY4: St Pierre / wild south / lava road / St Pierre (Accommodation at Le Battant des lames in St Pierre)
- An early departure to the wild south on a lava road, Situated in the southeast corner of Reunion Island, Piton de la Fournaise, is one of the world's most active volcanoes.
- DAY5: St Pierre / Cilaos. (Accommodation at Le Vieux Cep in Cilaos)
- Drive to Cilaos, one of the most scenic drives on Reunion Island. The road follows a canyon and rises thousands of feet in (40 kilometres) before finally arriving at Cilaos in the Cirque de Cilaos valley.
- DAY6: Cilaos / St Gilles. (Accommodation at the Lermitage Boutik in St Gilles)
- Make your way to St Louis stop at la saga du rum museum that tells the story of the sugar cane in the island, ending with a rum tasting. At Etang-Sale, you will discover one of the two black sand beaches of the island
Includes & Excludes
- Return flights from Johannesburg to Reunion on Air Austral
- Approximate taxes and airline levy
- 7 Nights accommodation including breakfast
- 7 Day car hire Group A
- Handling Fees
- Self-Drive Itinerary
- Health and Travel Insurance
- All Items of a personal nature
- Meals not mentioned
Saint-DenisSaint-Denis is the administrative capital of Réunion, in the Indian Ocean.
Saint-Denis was founded by Étienne Régnault in 1669 and became the capital of Réunion island in 1738.
Reunion has a hot, humid, typically tropical climate, so you can travel to Saint-Denis at any time of year and be assured of a warm welcome.
Saint-Denis, a picturesque town flanked by three mountains and situated at the mouth of the Saint-Denis River. Saint-Denis is a mixture of sophisticated French-style restaurants, bars and nightclubs (with Parisian prices), and more traditional sights and sounds.
Saint-Denis boasts a fascinating mix of religious architecture, from mosques, Tamil and Buddhist temples, to its Cathedral, illustrating the diversity of the island. There are several quaint old buildings, an interesting Natural History Museum, a Modern Art museum named after the poet Léon Dierx and the facades of old East India Company buildings. It is also well worth getting out of town and climbing one of the three surrounding peaks for a gorgeous view.