The above package is subject to availability at time of reservation. Price is per person sharing. Prices are subject to change in accordance with currency fluctuations and increased airfares. When making a booking enquiry it is important that you are in possession of the correct documentation to travel i.e. visas, inoculation certificates etc. Please check that all names and surnames are spelt exactly as they appear in the relevant passports. Fares, where indicated, are based on low season rates.
PricesJNB: R 24,455.00
Valid From20th of January 2018 (Saturday)
Valid To23rd of March 2018 (Friday)
Need Visa'sSouth Africa: YesBritish: YesEuropean Union: YesAmerican: Yes
About the Holiday
Your dream holiday starts in exotic Zanzibar at the 5 star Melia Beach Resort. Enjoy a All Inclusive holiday!
This luxury all inclusive resort is ideally situated on the north-east coast of Zanzibar. Melia Zanzibar is built on a 40 acre estate with a beautiful beach of pearlescent white sand lapped by warm ocean waters, 300 meters long, situated at the very end of the property to procure the perfect combination with nature.
The resort is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing a relaxing and safe experience. the hotel is contained within a beautiful 40 hectare estate providing spectacular, uninterrupted views of the magnificent Indian Ocean.
The island is ringed by a natural coral reef, making bathing and snorkeling a relaxing and safe experience.
What to expect:
- A variety of cuisines at our 5 restaurants and 4 bars
- Accommodations ranging from romantic rooms and suites to private villas with garden & pool
- Anantara Spa with six private treatment rooms, outdoor swimming pool with sun-deck, and modern fitness room with sauna
- Gabi Beach Club on a white sandy beach lapped by the Indian Ocean
- Activities for everyone from easy aqua gym to professional diving, snorkelling or kite surf services
Includes & Excludes
- Return flights to Zanzibar on Mango Airlines based on availability on the lowest category airfare
- Return resort transfers (seat in coach)
- 7 nights accommodation in a Melia Garden Room
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner daily at the Main Restaurant, Spices, daily mini-bar refill (soft drinks and beer), selected drinks and snacks from 10h00 to 00h00, use of fitness centre and gym, shuttle service to Gabi Beach, evening entertainment and Complimentary Wifi in the main building
- Complimentary kayaks at Gabi Beach
15% Early Bird Discount included - Book by 31 December
- Meals and beverages not specified
- Travel and medical insurance
- Items of a personal nature
Zanzibar-StonetownStone Town or Mji Mkongwe, in Swahili, is the old part of Zanzibar City, the capital of the island of Zanzibar, a part of Tanzania.
The town was the centre of trade on the East African coast between Asia and Africa before the colonization of the mainland in the late 1800s after which the focus moved to Mombasa and Dar es Salaam. The main export was spices and particularly cloves. For many years Stone Town was a major centre for the slave trade; Slaves were obtained from mainland Africa and traded with the Middle East.
Two large buildings dominate the main front of Stone Town. One is Beit-El-Ajaib or the House of Wonders, which was built by Sultan Seyyid Barghash as a grand palace for ceremonial purposes. The other is the Arab Fort which stands on the site of a former Portuguese settlement and was converted to a fort during the 18th Century.
It is a place of winding alleys, bustling bazaars, mosques and grand Arab houses whose original owners vied with each other over the extravagance of their dwellings. This one-upmanship is particularly reflected in the brass-studded, carved, wooden doors - there are more than 500 different examples of this handiwork. You can spend many idle hours and days just wandering through the fascinating labyrinth of narrow streets and alleyways.